27 November 2017
Cost: £275 per person Excl VAT
This MasterClass is aimed at health professionals involved in palliative care for neurological conditions largely focused on Parkinson’s and dementia – including allied health professionals, doctors (grade SpR and above), specialist nurses, community teams and GPs.
This one-day course will cover some of the following topics:
- Specific unmet palliative care needs in Parkinson’s and dementia
- Palliative assessment tools
- Disease-specific issues faced by patients
- Commonly encountered medications and their side effects
- Terminal stages – particularly how to identify and manage drug therapies in final days
- Service considerations and delivery
- Promoting autonomy – how and when to consider ACP in the context of cognitive impairment
- Examples of good practice, discussion of how such practice could be spread and incorporated elsewhere
- Future directions and research, quality improvement opportunities
For more details see the draft programme for the day. Speakers will be confirmed shortly.