Palliative care MasterClass launches
We are pleased to announced the launch of our first Palliative Care MasterClass which is aimed in particular at clinicians involved in Parkinson's and dementia care.27 November 2017 Cost: £275 per person Excl VAT Location: ManchesterThis MasterClass is aimed at health professionals involved in palliative care for neurological conditions largely focused on Parkinson's and dementia - including allied health professionals, doctors (grade SpR and above), specialist nurses, community teams and GPs.This one-day course will cover some of the following topics:
- Specific unmet palliative care needs in Parkinson's and dementia
- Palliative assessment tools
- Disease-specific issues faced by patients
- Commonly encountered medications and their side effects
- Terminal stages – particularly how to identify and manage drug therapies in final days
- Service considerations and delivery
- Promoting autonomy – how and when to consider ACP in the context of cognitive impairment
- Examples of good practice, discussion of how such practice could be spread and incorporated elsewhere
- Future directions and research, quality improvement opportunities
For more details see the draft programme for the day. Speakers will be confirmed shortly.Click the register button to complete the online application form (opens new window).
For every person, at any stage
Palliative Care Academy challenges the idea of palliative care as a late-stage service. Whilst recognising the practical nuances and bespoke approaches needed in palliative care for people with dementia, Parkinson's, MS and motor neurone disease respectively, the Academy promotes a holistic and positive approach to palliative care at any stage of any condition.