27 November 2017 – FULLY BOOKED
Applications will now be for cancellation places only
Cost: £275 per person plus VAT
Location: Manchester City centre
*Palliative Care MasterClass – June 2018 coming soon
This MasterClass is aimed at health professionals involved in palliative care for neurological conditions largely focused on Parkinson’s and dementia – including allied health professionals, doctors (grade SpR and above), specialist nurses, community teams and GPs.
This one-day course will cover some of the following topics:
- Specific unmet palliative care needs in Parkinson’s and dementia
- Palliative assessment tools
- Disease-specific issues faced by patients
- Commonly encountered medications and their side effects
- Terminal stages – particularly how to identify and manage drug therapies in final days
- Service considerations and delivery
- Promoting autonomy – how and when to consider ACP in the context of cognitive impairment
- Examples of good practice, discussion of how such practice could be spread and incorporated elsewhere
- Future directions and research, quality improvement opportunities
For more details see the draft Palliative Care programme for the day. Some speakers are to be confirmed. The Faculty reserve the right to amend the programme where necessary.
Places are confirmed on a first come basis following receipt of the completed application form and our terms and conditions must be adhered to, otherwise your place will be offered to the next available delegate.
Potential funding opportunities may be available as follows:
- You may apply to Parkinson’s UK for a grant of up to a maximum of £200 to cover course costs and travel expenses, to download an application form click here. Please note that submissions are considered on a monthly basis.
- The British Geriatrics Society offer an educational grant, to apply, download their application form here.
Terms and conditions
Read the full terms and conditions for this course