Audit – focussing on the best practice currently available
Audit, the act of examining, measuring and comparing, is the ultimate in information finding. It is essential to understand the current situation and to know whether improvement is being made over time. A huge number of the posters submitted at ‘Raising the bar’ addressed either individual service audits across the country or thow to establish appropriate quality metrics to measure findings against.
The Audit workstream, led by Prof Jeremy Hobart, identified a very quick and easy way to instantly audit an MS centre’s service (figure 1) and urged all those involved in the ‘Raising the Bar’ programme to do this within a three month period.
- The burden of blood monitoring for disease-modifying therapies on MS services in the UK: a review of costs and processes
- PLYMOUTH MS AUDIT: ♪ “How long has this been going on” ♪
- PLYMOUTH MS AUDIT-2: ♪ “I said hey, what’s going on?” ♪
- PLYMOUTH MS AUDIT-3: ♪ “Give me the drugs” ♪
- Do people with Multiple Sclerosis need more information on supplementary therapies
- Progress in the Management of Paediatric-Onset Multiple Sclerosis over the last decade
Establishing effective quality metrics
- Development of clinical and patient-reported quality metrics for multiple sclerosis: a UK pilot study report
- Implementing a brain health-focused approach to multiple sclerosis care: global and local MS Brain Health initiatives
- Timely Intervention, Monitoring and Education MATTERS in Multiple Sclerosis (TIME MATTERS in MS): developing a globally applicable quality improvement tool
Get involved in the audit by completing the form referred to here.
Encouraging excellence, developing leaders, inspiring change
MS Academy was established six years ago and in that time has accomplished a huge amount. The six different levels of specialist MS training are dedicated to case-based learning and practical application of cutting edge research. Home to national programme Raising the Bar and the fantastic workstream content it is producing, this is an exciting Academy to belong to.