NHS RightCare progressive neurological conditions toolkit launches
A new toolkit has just been published to help healthcare systems better understand the priorities in care for people living with various progressive neurological conditions.
Currently, those living with progressive neurological conditions are experiencing:
- delays in diagnosis and treatment,
- fragmented and uncoordinated services,
- limited availability of neurospecialist rehab and reablement and
- a lack of psycho–social support.
The toolkit provides an opportunity to assess and benchmark current systems to find opportunities for improvement and has been developed in collaboration with key stakeholders.
The resource is for health systems to use as a framework to support local improvement discussions, which can be supported by their local Delivery Partner through the RightCare programme.
The toolkit covers:
Stakeholders consulted include:
- Motor Neurone Disease Association
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Multiple Sclerosis Trust
- Multiple System Atrophy Trust
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
- NHS England Patient Experience Team
- Parkinson’s UK
- PSP Association
- Sue Ryder Foundation
Relevant links to support implementation are included throughout the resource.