Dementia MasterClass 5
This residential MasterClass, entitled “Practical dementia diagnosis and care”, is for secondary care clinicians, including nurses, old age psychiatry consultants and registrars. The training course will be held in Sheffield delivered in partnership with the University of Manchester, and will cover topics including:
- Background and introduction to dementia
- Practical assessment of dementia
- Practical neuroimaging – which scan to order and how to interpret the results
- Behavioural disturbances in dementia – recognition
- Aspects of management: Case studies
- Key issues relating to dementia in the acute hospital setting
- Psychosocial therapy for dementia
- Workshops around: driving and legal aspects, carer support
The course will cost £475 + VAT £95 = £570, which includes all meeting materials, meals and one night of accommodation at the meeting venue on 7 November. Delegates are responsible for their own travel costs and accommodation the night prior to the course.
Please do not send any money – wait for your place to be confirmed once we have received your completed application form.
A pre course needs assessment will need to be completed to ensure the course is adapted for each individuals needs. This will be sent to you upon confirmation.
Were you registered on this course?
Log in to access resources..Login
Promoting prevention, supporting management
Led by proactive clinicians determined to see improvement in the way we prevent, diagnose and manage dementias, Dementia Academy supports healthcare professionals with the latest tools, resources and courses to do just that.