MS Nurse Specialist vacancy in BasildonJob vacancies
The MS Academy would like to advertise a job opportunity in the Essex region.
Basildon & Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust are looking to recruit a Multiple Sclerosis Nurse Practitioner (Band 6). The post holder will be involved at a senior level in the delivery of MS services at Basildon hospital, including giving comprehensive high quality advice and training to patients.
As a specialist nurse other responsibilities will include:
- To provide a greater awareness and knowledge of MS in the health and social arena by acting as an educator and a source of support for members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team within the primary, secondary and outside sectors.
- To develop a continuing relationship with the person with MS facilitating individual and family decision making in managing the wider impact of having MS which may include the impact on work, relationships, leisure, finances and end of life decisions.
- Provide highly specialised support and advice as appropriate through a telephone helpline.
- Participate in risk assessment, reporting health and safety issues to appropriate professionals, ensuring safe practice and environment is maintained within the day unit at all times.
- Maintain own up-to-date knowledge of research and innovations in neurology care.
Encouraging excellence, developing leaders, inspiring change
MS Academy was established five years ago and in that time has accomplished a huge amount. The six different levels of specialist MS training are dedicated to case-based learning and practical application of cutting edge research. Home to national programme Raising the Bar and the fantastic workstream content it is producing, this is an exciting Academy to belong to.