Audit of ICD documentation in patients receiving Dopamine agonists
By Dr Alagaratnam Niruban, Consulant Geriatrician & Dr Indunil Gunawardena, Consultant MFE, Norfolk & Norwich NHS Trust
Background of MDC Service in NNUH
- Based in Norwich, Norfolk
- Multi-disciplinary movement disorder clinic
- Patients over the age of 70
- 3 Consultants
- 1 Parkinson’s disease nurse specialist
- 1 physiotherapist / 1 occupational therapists
- Total of 4 clinics a week
- Can refer for SLT, Old-age psychiatry, Dietician
- Work closely with Neurology Department
- Community Parkinson’s disease nurse specialists
- Average number of follow ups per patient –2 per year
More Parkinson's Academy Medication Projects
Timely medication/link Nurse
By Moira Whitlock, Parkinson's Specialist Nurse, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
Motor complications in Parkinson's Disease: Providing timely and appropriate access to 'Complex therapies'
By Kelley Storey, Parkinson's Clinical Specialist, The Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
'The things you can't get from the books'
Parkinson's Academy, our original and longest running Academy, houses 20 years of inspirational projects, resources, and evidence for improving outcomes for people with Parkinson's. Led by co-founder and educational director Dr Peter Fletcher, the Academy has a truly collegiate feel and prides itself on delivering 'the things you can't get from books' - a practical learning model which inspires all Neurology Academy courses.
14 Oct 2022On-demand Parkinson’s Advanced MasterClass 2 Course
04 Nov 2022On-demand Parkinson's Foundation MasterClass 3 Course
16 May 2023Parkinson's Advanced MasterClass 44 - Module 1 Course