Idiopathic Parkinson’s Disease and Long COVID-19
To find out how many patients from the movement disorders clinic had developed COVID-19, and determine how many had symptoms of long COVID.
- Most patients developed fatigue and loss of appetite after recovering from COVID
- Some patients reported experiencing anxiety after COVID-19
- There were no reports of anxiety or depression post-COVID
- 0.06% (12 of 201) patients developed COVID-19
- 25% of those who developed COVID-19 were living in a nursing home
More Parkinson's Academy COVID-19 Projects
'The things you can't get from the books'
Parkinson's Academy, our original and longest running Academy, houses 20 years of inspirational projects, resources, and evidence for improving outcomes for people with Parkinson's. Led by co-founder and educational director Dr Peter Fletcher, the Academy has a truly collegiate feel and prides itself on delivering 'the things you can't get from books' - a practical learning model which inspires all Neurology Academy courses.